Welcome to MYH!
We know, you’re a bit nervous about the heat, or maybe you don’t think you’re flexible/young/fit enough to do hot yoga… We get it! We were first-timers once too! But trust us, you are going to be GREAT. Here are a few #ProTips to ensure you get the most out of your first class:
- Choose an appropriate class – any Moksha 60 minute class will be perfect for you, regardless of your yoga experience
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Seriously, drink a LOT of water in the 24 hours before you first come. This will have a huge effect on how you feel during class.
- Come with a fuelled body, not a full belly! Try not to eat anything substantial for about 2 hours before class starts. If you’re hungry, have something small and nutritious, like a banana or a big spoonful of natural nut butter.
- Pre-register online – get all the paperwork and purchasing out of the way, and guarantee your spot in class.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early – this will give you time to get changed, chat with your instructor, and ensure your reservation is honoured (we start to give spaces away at 10 minutes before class begins!). Also, we don’t allow latecomers, not even by a minute… Nothing is worse than arriving to a locked door, so make sure to give yourself plenty of time (and remember, downtown parking can be tricky!).
- You’ll need a yoga mat (available for rent for $2), a large towel to cover your yoga mat (also available to rent for $2), and a bottle of water (bring your own refillable bottle – our taps are filtered!). We have showers, so bring your own toiletries and towels (or rent for $2 apiece). We provide lockers for your valuables, but you need to bring your own lock. Lockers can only be used for the time that you’re in class.
- Go at your own pace, no expectations – the best way to make progress in yoga is to try your best while respecting your own limits. That may mean modifying postures and taking breaks – this is awesome! Your body is different than every other body in the room, and as long as you respect that then you will have a safe and enjoyable hot yoga experience.
- Have fun! Don’t take it – or yourself – too seriously. After all, it’s just yoga, right?